Teknosol-B12 Injectable Solution is a light red – red coloured, clear solution. Each ml contains 100 mg of butafosfan (equivalent to 17.30 mg phosphorus) and 0.05 mg of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin).
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Teknosol-B12 Injectable Solution is used in cattle, horses, sheep, goats, cats and dogs for;
– Symptoms such as phosphorus deficiency syndrome seen in the spring (insomnia, loss of appetite, chronic indigestion (digestive disorders) or ruminal repletion, nutritional disorders, decreased milk yield, nervousness etc.)
– Tiredness and weakness during recovery after tough birth
– Fatigue, drowsiness, growth retardation, movement disorders, skeletal and joint disorders in newborns
– Irregular feeding situations
– Pica caused by phosphorus deficiency
– Phosphorus deficiency and osteomalacia and rickets related to phosphorus deficiency, nervous system disorders, calcium-phosphorus balance disorders, promoting callus formation in bone fractures and bone metabolism disorders (together with vitamin D preparations)
– General weakness (extreme fatigue, weight loss, exhaustion), recovery periods, supporting general condition
– In order to meet the need of phosphorus in the fast-growing young animals and high-yielding animals
– Supporting the calcium therapy in cases of hypophosphatemia and hypocalcemia in dairy cows
– Fertility disorders (infertility due to food deficit or lack of active substance)
– Strengthening during healthy development of skin, bones and muscles, especially for boosting the development of cubs of dogs and fur animals
– Improving yield in draught and race animals
– Supportive treatment in parasitic and secondary anaemia situations
– As an adjunct to calcium treatment in the lumbago of horses
– Supporting the treatment of chronic diseases and chronic metabolic disorders
– The treatment of paresis and tetany resulting from disorders of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium metabolism (used together with calcium and magnesium preparations)
ADMINISTRATION ROUTES AND AMOUNTS
Teknosol-B12 Injectable Solution is administered by intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous routes to cattle, horses, sheep, goats, dogs and cats at the doses shown below, unless recommended otherwise by the veterinarian.
|Animal species||Teknosol-B12 Injectable Solution|
|Horse – Cattle||5 – 25 ml|
|Foal – Veal calf||5 – 12 ml|
|Sheep – Goat||2.5 – 5 ml|
|Lamb – Kid||1.5 – 2.5 ml|
|Dog (depending on body weight)||0.5 – 5 ml|
|Cat – Fur animals||0.5 – 2.5 ml|
Give half of the mentioned doses. Administration can be repeated at 1 – 2 week or shorter intervals if necessary. Give half of the mentioned doses to increase the yield of healthy animals.
Withdrawal period is 0 (zero) days for meat and milk.
50 ml, 100 ml and 250 ml in amber coloured glass vials inside cardboard boxes.