Ketojezik Injectable Solution is a clear, colourless and sterile solution. Each ml contains 100 mg of ketoprofen.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
It is used for anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic purposes in cattle and horses.
– Tendon, skeleton-muscle system pain, inflammation and rheumatic disorders, aseptic joint inflammation (traumatic arthritis – synovitis, tendinitis, osteochondritis dissecans, osselets, laminitis, soft tissue swelling, post-operative inflammation and to reduce pain in colic cases depending on various reasons in horses) as well as for the treatment of ocular inflammations such as uveitis, keratitis, and traumatic cornea ulceration
– For respiratory system infections in association with high fever and in other febrile illnesses; as an aid to antibacterial treatment
– For elimination of acute inflammation in endotoxic shocks
– For the control of Colibacillosis, acute inflammations related to pneumonia and chronic obstructive respiratory system infections, acute bovine pulmonary emphysema (fog fever), acute mastitis, udder edema treatment
– Pain and colic caused by digestive system disorders
ADMINISTRATION ROUTES AND AMOUNTS
It is administered to cattle and horses by intramuscular (IM) and slow intravenous (IV) routes. Unless recommended otherwise by the veterinarian, general pharmacologic dose is 2.2 mg/kg bw in horses and 3 mg/kg bw in cattle. Treatment should be continued until the next day after the signs disappear. Practical dose to be administered is given in the table.
|Animal species||Practical dose|
|Horses||10 ml / 450 kg bw|
|Cattle||3 ml / 100 kg bw|
Cattle should not be slaughtered during the treatment and for 1 day following the last intravenous administration and for 4 days after intramuscular administration. Withdrawal period for cow milk is 0 (zero) days.
50 ml, 100 ml and 250 ml in amber coloured glass vials inside cardboard boxes.